With Over 20 Years of Litigation Experience, You Can Be Confident Your Case Is In Good Hands
Cyber Crimes Attorney Williamson County, TX
Aggressively Defending Those Accused of Computer Crimes
Cybercrimes, also known as “computer crimes,” include any illicit offense using a computer or the internet. The penalties for these types of crimes are severe; in fact, the recent Texas Cybercrimes Act (House Bill 9) of 2018 added many additional crimes to the already-lengthy definition of cybercrimes—with some convictions carrying penalties as harsh as life imprisonment.
If you or a loved one is under investigation for or has been charged with any type of computer- or internet-related crime, contact the Williamson County cyber crimes lawyer at R. Scott Magee, Attorney at Law. Our firm is prepared to put our extensive experience and aggressive approach on your side.
Types of Cyber Crime Cases We Handle
R. Scott Magee, Attorney at Law is equipped to represent individuals who have been accused of a wide range of cyber crimes.
Our Williamson County cyber crimes lawyer provides aggressive legal defense for clients accused of:
- Hacking, or accessing a computer, system, or network without consent
- Using a computer/the internet/electronic messaging to solicit a minor under the age of 17 to engage in sexual acts
- Tampering with a voting machine, network, program, etc.
- Using a computer, electronic device, or the internet with the intent to defraud
- Using an electronic device to intimidate, threaten, harass, or harm another person
- Publishing, referencing, or otherwise making known a person’s private information (address, name, phone number, etc.) without consent and to defraud
- Securing breaches conducted via a computer or electronic device
- Intentionally altering data to deceive or defraud another individual/entity
- Introducing ransomware or malware
- Interfering with electronic access, or interrupting/suspending cyber access without consent
Note that this list is not exhaustive. If you have been accused of any of these or other cybercrimes, reach out to R. Scott Magee, Attorney at Law right away for a free consultation with an experienced cybercrime attorney in Williamson County, TX.
Serving Round Rock, Georgetown & All of Williamson County
When you need a cyber crimes attorney in Williamson County or the surrounding areas, turn to R. Scott Magee, Attorney at Law. The criminal justice system is extremely complex; you need an attorney on your side who can effectively fight for you, your rights, and your future.
State v. C.B - Drug Charges
State v. A.D. - DWI (involving accident)
State of Texas v. T.C. - Sexual Assault
Board Certified Attorney
Attorney Scott Magee is Board Certified for his specialization in Criminal Defense.
Protect Your Freedom
We will fight for you. We are committed to tirelessly pursuing evidence that proves your innocence.
We do not take shortcuts. We perform an in-depth investigation of the arrest circumstances.
Free Case Evaluation
We offer free case evaluations to help clients learn more about their legal options.
Respected in the Community
Attorney Magee is a reputable attorney who is respected by his peers, colleagues, and universities.
Results That Matter
We fight to obtain dismissals, reduced or dropped charges, and favorable plea bargains.
We Will Fight For You
We represent individuals facing state and federal charges in Texas.
You need hard-hitting legal representation to maintain your freedom and protect your future.