Round Rock Cybercrimes Attorney
Aggressively Defending Those Accused of Computer Crimes
Cybercrimes, also known as “computer crimes,” include any illicit offense using a computer or the internet. The penalties for these types of crimes are severe; in fact, the recent Texas Cybercrimes Act (House Bill 9) of 2018 added a number of additional crimes to the already-lengthy definition of cybercrimes—with some convictions carrying penalties as harsh as life imprisonment.
If you or a loved one is under investigation for or has been charged with any type of computer- or internet-related crime, contact the Round Rock cybercrimes lawyer at R. Scott Magee, Attorney at Law. Our firm is prepared to put our extensive experience and aggressive approach on your side.
To schedule a free, confidential case evaluation, call our firm or submit an online contact form.
Types of Cybercrime Cases We Handle
R. Scott Magee, Attorney at Law is equipped to represent individuals who have been accused of a wide range of cybercrimes.
We provide aggressive legal defense for clients accused of:
- Hacking, or accessing a computer, system, or network without consent
- Using a computer/the internet/electronic messaging to solicit a minor under the age of 17 for the purpose of engaging in sexual acts
- Tampering with a voting machine, network, program, etc.
- Using a computer, electronic device, or the internet with the intent to defraud
- Using an electronic device to intimidate, threaten, harass, or harm another person
- Publishing, referencing, or otherwise making known a person’s private information (address, name, phone number, etc.) without consent and for the purpose of defrauding
- Securing breaches conducted via a computer or electronic device
- Intentionally altering data for the purpose of deceiving or defrauding another individual/entity
- Introducing ransomware or malware
- Interfering with electronic access, or interrupting/suspending cyber access without consent
Note that this list is not exhaustive. If you have been accused of any of these or other cybercrimes, reach out to R. Scott Magee, Attorney at Law right away for a free consultation with an experienced cybercrime defense attorney in Round Rock.
Serving Round Rock, Georgetown & All of Williamson County
When you need a criminal defense attorney in Williamson County or the surrounding areas, turn to R. Scott Magee, Attorney at Law. The criminal justice system is extremely complex; you need an attorney on your side who can effectively fight for you, your rights, and your future. Cybercrimes are extremely serious—you can’t afford not to speak to Attorney R. Scott Magee.
Call us to get started now.
Board Certified Attorney
Attorney Scott Magee is Board Certified for his specialization in Criminal Defense.
Protect Your Freedom
We will fight for you. We are committed to tirelessly pursuing evidence that proves your innocence.
We do not take shortcuts. We perform an in-depth investigation of the arrest circumstances.
Free Case Evaluation
We offer free case evaluations to help clients learn more about their legal options.
Respected in the Community
Attorney Magee is a reputable attorney who is respected by his peers, colleagues, and universities.
Results That Matter
We fight to obtain dismissals, reduced or dropped charges, and favorable plea bargains.
We Will Fight For You
We represent individuals facing state and federal charges in Texas.