Felonies Attorney Williamson County, TX
Defending Felony Crimes in Georgetown & Round Rock
Have you been arrested? Unsure of what steps to take next? You need to discuss your case with a seasoned and experienced criminal defense lawyer. No matter what type of charges you are facing, it is crucial that you have a legal representative behind you during this time.
R. Scott Magee is a dedicated and passionate attorney who cares about protecting his clients' rights. He has represented countless individuals for more than a decade. Texas has strict penalties for felonies, which means you need to act fast if you have been accused of committing this level of offense.
Types of Felony Classes & Sentences in Texas
A felony is a crime that requires a convicted individual to serve time in state prison or state jail. There are many crimes that will be charged as a felony, including murder, manslaughter, rape, armed robbery, and child pornography. There are 5 different types of felony charges, and the penalties range in severity based on the details of your crime.
There are five different types of felonies, including:
- State jail felonies: You will face between 180 to 2 years in state jail with up to $10,000 in fines for this type of felony. This may include offenses like small drug possession or theft.
- Third degree felonies: Common types of crimes that result in these penalties include drug possession, stalking, or a third DWI. You could face between 2 and 10 years in prison and up to $10,000 in fines.
- Second degree felonies: This type of felony carries up to 20 years in prison and fines not exceeding $10,000. You may be convicted of a felony if you commit burglary, rape, or aggravated assault.
- First degree felonies: If accused of committing a first degree felony, you will be facing 5 to 99 years or life in prison. You will also face a fine of no more than $10,000. This includes crimes like sexual assault against a child, murder, arson, or aggravated kidnapping.
- Capital felonies: The most severe felony, a capital murder charge is punishable by death or life in prison without parole. It is reserved for individuals who knowingly or intentionally caused the death of another, such as multiple murders or a murder committed during other felonies.
Felonies can result in life-altering penalties and any criminal accusations should be taken seriously. Do not wait to start building your legal defense! Get a felony defense attorney Williamson County TX on your side today.
Board Certified Attorney
Attorney Scott Magee is Board Certified for his specialization in Criminal Defense.
Protect Your Freedom
We will fight for you. We are committed to tirelessly pursuing evidence that proves your innocence.
We do not take shortcuts. We perform an in-depth investigation of the arrest circumstances.
Free Case Evaluation
We offer free case evaluations to help clients learn more about their legal options.
Respected in the Community
Attorney Magee is a reputable attorney who is respected by his peers, colleagues, and universities.
Results That Matter
We fight to obtain dismissals, reduced or dropped charges, and favorable plea bargains.
We Will Fight For You
We represent individuals facing state and federal charges in Texas.